THIS VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT IS GOVERNED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE CAYMAN ISLANDS.
In consideration of the monies received the Owner of the property, through Poseidon (Cayman) Limited hereinafter “Agent”, does hereby rent to Tenant, named in online reservations form, the property described as “Casa Cassiopeia” or “Little Cayman Beach House” of 3226 Guy Banks Road, Little Cayman.
1. DEPOSIT of 50% of the total rental rate for the period is required in order to make and hold a reservation.
2. BALANCE DUE: The balance of the rental rate is due one week before the scheduled arrival date.
10% Government room tax will be added to quoted rate for all non-local guests.
3. CHECK IN will be after 4:00 P.M. on the arrival day. CHECK OUT will be by 10:00 A.M. on the departure day.
4. CANCELLATIONS/TRANSFERS of dates must be made at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled arrival date. Requests must be made via email. Cancellations are subject to a $500.00 administrative fee. A $300.00 administrative fee applies to all date transfers.
5. RENTALS ARE TO FAMILIES AND RESPONSIBLE ADULTS ONLY. Occupancy is restricted to the maximum of 12 persons. Tenant agrees that the premises shall not be used for any illegal or unlawful purpose.
6. PETS are permitted provided that owner maintain control of pets including cleaning up after and preventing pets from chasing wildlife or damaging vegetation. Pets are not allowed on the furniture; specifically beds or couches. Tennant is responsible for all expenses due to additional cleaning and/or damage caused by or on account of pets.
7. SERVICE REQUESTS will be responded to as quickly as possible. Tenants are advised that repairs or replacements on Little Cayman may involve time delays and that there are no rebates or refunds issued for any reason as every good faith effort is made to insure the property is maintained to highest standards. Due to proximity to nature and the abundance of wildlife in Little Cayman, the entry of any wildlife into the house does not entitle Tenant to a discount, refund, or reason for cancellation.
ALL TRASH MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE HOUSE NIGHTLY.
ALL EXTERIOR DOORS ARE TO BE KEPT CLOSED AT ALL POSSIBLE TIMES.
8. CARE OF PROPERTY: Tenant is required to take reasonable care of the property. Breakage or excessive mess requiring additional cleaning will result in additional charges. No indoor furniture may be taken outside.
9. SMOKING: No smoking is permitted in the bedrooms.
10. GRILLING is permitted in the sand garden around the house away from vegetated areas.
DO NOT GRILL UNDER THE COVERED AREA: A/C WILL PULL SMOKE INTO THE BEDROOMS!
11. FIRES are permitted on the downwind part of the beach around the high-tide line or lower. Fires further up the beach will result in a clean-up charge.
12. WATER is a very limited resource. Please use it very carefully and never leave water running unnecessarily. Excessive water usage will be charged to Tenant. No portable pools including children’s play pools are allowed.
13. ELECTRICITY on Little Cayman is a very expensive necessity/luxury (US$0.60 per kilowatt-hour). Tenant agrees to limit energy consumption by turning off all fans and lights in unoccupied rooms and operating air conditions only with bedroom doors and windows closed. Please do not leave A/C on during the day in unoccupied rooms.
14. LOCKED AREAS such as owner’s personal storage areas are exempt from this lease agreement and are off limits to the Tenant. In the event of entry: Tenant will be charged for damage and/or missing items.
15. HURRICANES and other inclement weather are always a possibility. Tenant agrees to comply with Poseidon (Cayman) Limited’s Hurricane Policy and advisory statement from local emergency authorities.
16. IN THE EVENT that the Owner is unable to deliver property to Tenant for any reason whatsoever, the Agent’s and Owner’s sole liability is a full refund of money previously tendered by Tenant to Agent. Tenant expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Agent or Owner be held liable for any consequential or secondary damages.
17. TERMINATION. If the Tenant or any member of his party violates any of the terms of this agreement, the Agent may, at his sole discretion, terminate this lease with no refund of the used portions of the rent, and may enter the premises and remove Tenant, the members of his party and their belongings.
18. LOST, STOLEN, DAMAGED OR ABANDONED ARTICLES. Neither Agent nor Owner shall have any responsibility for lost, stolen, damaged or abandoned items. Salt spray, rainstorms and squalls can unexpectedly penetrate the house. It is the tenant’s responsibility to ensure all electronics and valuables are adequately protected.
19. INDEMNITY. The Tenant agrees to release and indemnify the Owner and Poseidon (Cayman) Limited from and against all liability, should anyone be injured on the premises during the term of the lease, resulting form any cause whatsoever, except in the case of personal injury caused by the negligent act of the Agent or the Agent’s employees.
20. ACKNOWLEDGMENT. Tenant acknowledges they have reviewed and understand the terms of this lease and agree to be bound thereby.
PRESSING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON BELOW IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO LEASE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL UNDER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OUTLINED ABOVE AND FOR THE DATES AND RATES SPECIFIED IN YOUR ONLINE RESERVATION REQUEST.
May 27, 2018