Several Mayfield descendants are heading up a preservation and restoration project of the cemetery to help protect the cemetery from future termination threats. They want the cemetery legacy to continue for years to come. This project includes:
1. Removing the invasive ivy that has grown on the trees and large obelisk.
2. Determining the viability of 7 large trees located inside the perimeter of the cemetery and removing those that are dead.
3. Repairing the 5 stones that are broken and straightening other stones if possible as well as cleaning the stones.
4. Fencing the perimeter of the cemetery.
5. Other preservation and restoration activities, as needed.